Valley Senior Living- Nursing Assistant Educator
- Flex Time
- Monday-Friday (no weekends)
- Starting wage is between $34.20 and $41.60
- RN preferred (LPN required)
The CNA Trainer/RN is primarily responsible for training and mentoring students of the Valley Senior Living Nurse Assistant (NA) training classes and newly hired Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), particularly in their first three months of employment. The CNA Trainer works closely with CNAs as they are newly hired and throughout their employment. The CNA Trainer helps the CNAs in the transition to employment at Valley Senior Living, and throughout employment, overseeing educational needs and making recommendations for education to the Staff Development RN and/or Director of Nursing Services (DONS).
· Graduate of an approved practical nursing program.
· Minimum two (2) years as a LPN in a long‑term care facility.
· Current LPN license or temporary permit for practice in the state of North Dakota
· Current RN license or temporary permit for practice in the state of North Dakota.
· Assist in the Nurse Assistant training course, including lectures, lab instruction, and the clinical component of the course. Oversees the students during their clinical experience.
· Collaborate with the DONS and the Staff Development RN to coordinate in-services. Lead in-services as scheduled.
· Work closely with the newly hired NA/CNA, Particularly in their first three months of employment.
· Explain Standards of Care to NAs/CNAs and monitors cares to see that standards are met.
· Audit and skill validate CNAs, particularly those recently hired, to see that standards are met. Assure that new NAs/CNAs are audited within one month and three months of hire.
· Assist the Staff Development RN in evaluating educational needs of NAs/CNAs and providing for those needs.
· Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training as directed.
· Communicate with the North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON) to ensure class students are registered for North Dakota state certification testing and coordinate re-testing for class students, as applicable.
· Collaborate with the NDBON to ensure class curriculum and class teaching materials reflect best practice standards and are being communicated to NA class students.
· Develop NA Class schedule ensuring each class meets facility and North Dakota State requirements.
· Ensure NA Class marketing materials are available and reflect the most current information.
· Assure class materials are in good standing condition and coordinates with Staff Development RN if materials need replacement.
· Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor.
· Comply with established standards precautions and isolation procedures, follows established safety regulations and reports all incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
If interested, contact HR at 701-787-7829