**** VISITATION UPDATE****
Visitation is currently available at all Valley Senior Living care communities.
Visitation hours include:
Woodside Village and Wheatland Terrace: Monday – Friday 8 am to 8 pm & Saturday – Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
Tufte Manor: 8:30 am to 6 pm
Valley Senior Living on Columbia: 8 am to 8 pm
Residents identified as a close contact to a positive COVID-19 infection may have visitation limited to outdoor or compassionate care. Notification will be sent to all close contacts.
Visitation guidelines to reduce risk and protect the health and safety of our residents and staff are listed below. If the following guidelines are not met or followed by visitors, they will be asked to leave the premises.
- Do not visit a Valley Senior Living location if you have been feeling ill or have any symptoms related to a potential COVID-19 infection, have had contact or exposure to someone who has tested positive, or are under a quarantine period.
- The CDC and North Dakota Department of Health recommend mask use indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. Please wear a mask for the duration of your visit for the health and safety of residents.
- If you visit regularly and are not vaccinated, consider beginning your vaccine series now.
- Common area visitation remains unavailable at this time.
- Continue to practice physical distancing and increased hand hygiene regardless of vaccination status.
- Residents continue to be required to mask during care interactions.
What is Valley Senior Living doing to prevent infections?
All employees are being screened before their shift begins according to recommendations from Centers for Disease Control, the North Dakota Department of Health, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services, and the American Health Care Association. Screening includes temperature, COVID-19 related symptoms, COVID-19 contact and/or exposure screening, and a travel screening. All employees are masking and wearing eye protection, and residents are required to mask when receiving direct care and are asked to physically distance when outside their rooms.
Will Valley Senior Living continue to test employees and residents for COVID-19?
All Valley Senior Living communities continue to follow the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the North Dakota Department of Health. Unvaccinated staff are testing twice weekly. Staff or residents who become symptomatic are tested as soon as possible. Residents identified as close contacts or staff with higher-risk exposure will be tested after 2 days and again at 5 to 7 days after exposure. This testing schedule remains dependant on the Grand Forks county positivity rate.
What is the plan for Valley Senior Living to communicate important information to both residents and families on a regular basis?
Valley Senior Living is frequently communicating with families and loved ones of residents through email communication, or printed and mailed communication when email is not available. Our website and our dedicated hotline at 701.787.7551 are updated frequently. We are communicating new recommendations and guidelines with residents through social work/resident individual conversations as changes occur.
Is the nursing home currently at full staffing levels for nurses, aides, and other workers?
Our communities are fully staffed. We continue to recruit and train additional staff in the event we would experience COVID-19 related illness in care staff.