Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- Full Time position available
- Monday- Friday
- Starting wage is between $26.03 and $31.97
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave Health and Dental Insurance & 401K!
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the Social Work profession.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in long term care or with the geriatric population.
- Membership in Long Term Care Social Workers of North Dakota.
- Maintain current (or be in process of securing a current) Social Work license in the state of North Dakota.
- Assist with all move-in’s, transfers, room changes and discharges in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of State/Federal regulations including Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review.
- Through assessment and care planning process, identify and seek ways to support residents’ individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
- Ensure or provide therapeutic interventions to assist residents in coping with their transition and adjustment to Valley Senior Living, including their social, emotional and psychosocial needs.
- Ensure or provide support and education to residents/family members/significant others to assist in their understanding of life at Valley Senior Living in addition to referring them to the appropriate agency for needed services not provided by Valley Senior Living.
- Provide social services or obtain needed services from outside entities during situations that may include: Expressions or indications of distress that affect the resident’s mental and psychosocial well-being, resulting from depression, chronic diseases (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia related diseases, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis), difficulty with personal interaction and socialization skills, and resident to resident altercations;
- Explain and complete the resident admission contract and related information with new residents and/or their primary decision maker.
- Build relationships between residents and staff, referring conflicts and difficult interactions to appropriate supervisor and assist in resolving the problem.
- Act as a liaison with social, health, and community agencies.
- Coordinate discharge planning for residents, making referrals for applicable services or equipment. Make referrals to Local Contact Agency as indicated.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary resident care conferences and other committees as appropriate.
- Document the social, emotional, behavioral, or spiritual status of residents as needed.
- Complete the assigned Social Service portion of the MDS according to facility policy and State/Federal regulation.
- Develop the Social Service component of the comprehensive plan of care for each resident.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with established state/federal regulation.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact HR at 701.787.7829.