Location: Tufte Manor
- Full time Day position available
- Starting wage is between $25.00 and $29.61
- Generous shift differentials
- Must already be a CNA
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave, Life Insurance, Referral Program, Health, Dental, & Vision and 401K matching!
The Life Enrichment Coordinator plans and coordinates a diversified program of activities, which meet the physical, psychosocial and intellectual needs for the residents of Tufte Manor. Being in this position requires the ability to work independently and a willingness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
As a valued care partner, the Life Enrichment Coordinator is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualifications for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for all people applying for or holding this position.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum six (6) months experience in a social or recreational program within the last three years.
- Experience coordinating and leading activities programming.
- Experience driving van or other large vehicle.
- Has completed courses in human relations, improving self-esteem and self-motivation.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Certified within the state of ND as a Certified Nursing Assistant or must have completed a ND state approved training course and be certified as a CNA in North Dakota within 120 days of date of hire.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Develop, plan, and carry out comprehensive plan for activities at Tufte Manor
- Maintain records of residents attendance in activities/programs
- Accountable for comprehensive monthly calendar of scheduled activity programs based on identified needs and interests of all residents.
- Accountable for providing a safe environment for residents during all activities
- Coordinate a monthly Quality of Life Meeting program and follow through with concerns and issues of residents in regard to other departments
- Monitor participation of all programming and adjust accordingly
- Maintain activity budget within allotted monthly guidelines
- Maintain, identify, and use community resources consistent with the needs and interests of the residents and maintain appropriate files
- Coordinate programs with other departments in the community and corporate wide
- The Life Enrichment Assistant will Report to the Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Establish volunteers in programming as it relates to the Activity Department.
- Provide transportation for Tufte Manor residents for shopping/recreation.
- Direct and maintain a group of volunteers for Tufte Manor.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
- Post monthly calendars to encourage resident involvement
- Record, type, distribute, and maintain Quality of Life Meeting minutes
- Maintain care and storage of equipment and supplies on a regular basis and inventory annually
- Keep accurate records of activity budget
- Create Tufte Manor newsletters
- Create the Tufte Manor activity calendar
- Work with auxiliary groups
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)-3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Karli at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer