Valley Senior Living- IT Coordinator
- Full Time/Exempt position
- Starting wage between $35.22 and $42.90
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave, Health, Vision & Dental and 401K!
The Information Technology Coordinator coordinates all aspects of Valley Senior Living’s computer network and communication systems, including telephone, security access, and other electronic systems in accordance with established policies and procedures of Valley Senior Living. As a valued care partner, the Information Technology Coordinator is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for all people applying for or holding this position.
- Minimum two (2) years college (associate degree in computer-related field).
- Must have previous IT experience. Must have knowledge of Windows servers, PCs, printers, backup procedures, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Maintain current network user list and sets up new users.
- Maintain documentation of the computer system, including all related hardware and software.
- Manage data security and file organization.
- Maintain backup systems of all network information.
- Work closely with and communicates the organizations’ needs to managed services, managed print services and other IT/communication system vendors.
- Security of electronic private health information (EPHI):
- Serve as HIPAA Security Officer. Work with Privacy Officers, HIPAA Committee and Corporate Compliance Officer in the development and enforcement of information security policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate security measures and mechanisms to guard against unauthorized access to electronically stored and/or transmitted EPHI and protects against reasonably anticipated threats and hazards.
- Oversee and/or performs on-going security monitoring of information systems.
- Ensure compliance with security policies and regulations through security audits.
- Enforce password rules and policies along with other systems of security for the network.
- Train new computer system users on appropriate use of the system.
- Maintain general familiarity with and ability to navigate in the various software programs utilized throughout the organization, in order to assists users with learning new software/upgrades.
- Conduct basic computer-related skills training for Valley Memorial Home staff.
- Coordinate outside training for special-use applications as needed.
- Evaluate short-term and long-term hardware and software needs.
- Develop and maintain a maintenance schedule for upgrades and expansion, working closely and consulting with the organization’s managed services vendor.
- Prepare all IT budgets and make recommendations for short-term and long-term technology needs.
- Solicit and analyze bids for hardware/software purchases as necessary. Prepare and submit capital request to Accounting Manager. Coordinate ordering, installation and updating of various software programs and hardware needs.
- Assist with analysis of special application hardware/software needs (ex: clinical and financial software).
- Perform unscheduled IT related tasks as directed.
- Maneuver data between software packages to achieve data integrity and continuity.
- Maintain and support the telephone/voice mail system, cellular phones and paging devices, iPods, and iPads.
- Facilitate the maintenance and updating of the organizations website working with the hosting vendor.
- Maintain and support the security access, nurse call and other electronic systems.
- Consult with outside vendors for maintenance of these systems as needed.
- Cross train in payroll and accounts payable, serving as a backup for planned and unplanned leaves.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain good communications with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
- Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
- Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
- Communicate professionally using English verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Adjust to changing conditions and job duties.
- Tolerate interruptions and possible aggressive behavior from residents in a professional manner.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Karli at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer