Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
Evening Dining Services Supervisor
- Full & Part Time positions available
- PM shifts available (2:30pm- 8:00pm or 4:30pm=-8:00pm)
- Starting wage is between $17.65 and $20.76
- Weekend and night differentials given
- Excellent Benefits such as: Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave, Health & Dental Insurance, and 401K
- High school graduate or GED or working towards one or the other.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of the Dining Services department during the evening hours of operation. · Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor or their designee. ·
- Comply with policies for sanitation, food handling, infection control, standard precautions, isolation procedures, and safety regulations. Report all incidents, accidents, and hazardous conditions. ·
- Use chemicals appropriately as instructed by the material safety data sheets (MSDS). ·
- Prepare meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menu using standardized recipes as needed. ·
- Assist Head Cook to estimate food requirements and amounts needed for service to minimize waste and leftovers.
- If the Dining Services Evening Supervisor is in the position on a regular basis, they must cross-train to the positions of Dining Services Aide and Head Cook. ·
- Manage the department in absence of the Dining Services Director. · Adjust the daily staffing needs for the department due to staff absences. Recruit off-duty staff or reassign staff as necessary. ·
- Assist with the revision of policies and procedures of the department. ·
- Assist the Dining Services Director to monitor staff work performance, complete performance appraisals, and assist with the positive discipline process for evening staff. ·
- Assist Dining Services Director with the recruitment and selection of new employees. ·
- Collaborate with the Dietitian and Dining Services Director to implement menu changes as needed. ·
- Assist with and help to plan special functions. ·
- Serve food in an appealing manner according to menu, diet requirements, portion control, and the preferences of residents and tenants. · Encourage residents to make menu choices and provide assistance for their needs, including transportation to and from dining areas, setting up their meal, offering seconds and alternative choices. ·
- Clean, sweep, mop, dispose of waste, and complete all scheduled cleaning duties. ·
- Clean dishes through scraping or using the dish machine and store the clean dishes. ·
- Work cooperatively with management as necessary and implement recommended changes. ·
- Operate kitchen equipment in a safe and sanitary manner. ·
- Perform clerical duties such as recording food temperatures, performing department audits, meal counts, reports, etc. ·
- Attend staff meetings, inservices, and workshops as instructed. ·
- Ability to assist with the ordering of food and equipment supplies. · Refer difficult and conflicting interactive situations, including allegations of potential resident mistreatment, to the appropriate supervisor and assist in resolving the problem. ·
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation. NON-ESSENTIAL: · Greet and assist visitors and residents and report suspicious persons or situations to supervisor. ·
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as requested
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Karli at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer