Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- Full time position available (40 hours/week)
- Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Starting wage is between $18.19 and $22.39
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave, Life Insurance, Employee Assistant Program, Health, Vision & Dental and 401K!
The Admissions Assistant provides assistance and support to the Admissions Coordinator for skilled nursing for Valley Senior Living. As a valued care partner, the Admissions Assistant is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualifications for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for all people applying for or holding this position.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Minimum six (6) months of relevant experience in a job-related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or human service field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in working with older adults and their families in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations for skilled nursing facilities.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Successfully execute pre-admission interception for Valley Senior Living Skilled Nursing Facilities under the direction of Admissions Coordinator.
- Assist in the development of communication tools to support the objectives of the admissions process, including recruiting and publicity for services provided, etc.
- Act as the supportive on-site admissions representative for the two skilled nursing facilities of Valley Senior Living which includes:
- Answer all inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Follow up with interested prospects via a telephone approach;
- Give tours and show rooms to interested prospects; and
- Establish communication with the acute care and home care staff in the community to promote referrals to Valley Senior Living facilities.
- Assist to meet/arrange meetings with families for tours or to obtain necessary paperwork for nursing home placement.
- Assist with special projects from various committees which may include computer work, memos, photocopying, assembling packets, for letters, etc.
- Ensure accurate information is obtained according to Valley Senior Living policies and procedures.
- Complete and initiate the appropriate information in the admission inpatient record, registering the individuals in Point Click Care.
- Facilitate pre-admission procedures.
- Assure corporate/facility goals are being carried out.
- Ability to establish regular and ongoing communication with medical facilities and staff.
- Promote good public relations between facilities and community.
- Recommend improvements/changes to Admissions Coordinator that will benefit residents/staff.
- Report complaints/concerns to Admissions Coordinator as necessary.
- Work with department supervisors and/or directors and staff to resolve concerns/problems.
- Serve as an advocate for all residents.
- Comply with established universal precautions and follow established regulations and report incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment to Admissions Coordinator as necessary.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain good communications with residents, staff, and visitors.Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
- Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
- Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
- Communicate professionally using English verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Adjust to changing conditions and job duties.
- Tolerate interruptions and possible aggressive behavior from residents in a professional manner.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer