In an effort to continue to keep our employees and residents as safe and healthy as possible during the COVID-19 crisis, we are preparing for the potential of shortages of medical supplies and personal protective equipment. At this time we are proactively pursuing the following items:
- Hand sanitizer
- Surgical masks, N95 masks, or Dust masks
- Protective glasses/goggles
Donations can be dropped off in the vestibules at any of our care communities.
We are continuously and closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance and recommendations from our government and public health officials, including the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid), ND Department of Health, and the local public health department.
As precautionary and preventive steps, we have been working diligently on prevention policies and procedures over the past few weeks.
- We have been educating staff and residents on COVID-19.
- Deliveries for residents are being accepted inside the vestibules at our locations. Please label items (do not bring perishable items, things that require refrigeration or need to be kept warm/hot) and they will be delivered at shift change to reduce traffic in and out of care neighborhoods.
- We have been monitoring PPE (personal protective equipment) and environmental cleaning supplies to ensure we have adequate supplies.
- We are monitoring residents for symptoms of respiratory infections and fever, and the appropriate precautions are immediately being put into place.
- Staff are being actively screened before beginning their shift each day and following appropriate infection control guidelines. We are also restricting/limiting the care neighborhoods that employees work within to prevent possible transmission.
- To prevent the spread of infection, visitors have been restricted at all locations.
- All locations have implemented alternative measures of communication for our residents and their loved ones, including Skype, Facetime, Zoom, etc.
- All non-essential services and large group gatherings are canceled until further notice.
- All volunteers are canceled, including religious groups, pet therapy visits, inter-generational activities, etc.
We will continue to follow all recommendations from CDC, CMS, ND Department of Health and local health departments daily. This being said, recommendations are changing at a rapid rate, and we will do our best to keep you informed. Information and updates are also available on our Valley Senior Living hotline at 701.787.7551.
Additional information is available at:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
North Dakota Department of Health
Protecting our residents' health and safety is our top priority.
Visitor restrictions remain in place at all Valley Senior Living locations.
At this time we are supporting virtual visits (FaceTime, Skype, etc.) for our residents and their families. If you would like to arrange a virtual visit with a resident at one of our communities, please call the number below to arrange.
Valley Senior Living on 42nd - 701.787.7814
Valley Senior Living on Columbia - 701.787.7931
Valley Senior Living on Cherry - 701.787.7600
We have established a dedicated phone line for informational updates related to COVID-19. For the most up to date information call 701.787.7551.
Protecting our residents’ health and safety is our top priority.
We have received guidance from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services, the American Health Care Association, and the North Dakota Department of Health to address this health crisis and effective immediately we are restricting visitation.
We have established a dedicated telephone line, 701.787.7551, that will provide updates on this situation.
We understand these measures prevent you from physically seeing your loved one. We are happy to assist you with virtual visitation and/or phone calls. We are committed to doing everything we can to protect our residents. We appreciate your cooperation during this difficult time.
Additional Information on COVID-19 from CDC: