Valley Senior Living provides compassionate Christian care to over 500 residents throughout three care communities in Grand Forks, North Dakota, and employs more than 800 care partners. The Chief Human Resources Officer is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department for Valley Senior Living. The department ensures operations will be in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations while serving as the liaison between staff and management, which includes the Valley Senior Living Board of Directors.
As a valued care partner, the Chief Human Resources Officer is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for applicants or incumbents.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and systems.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible HR expertise.
- Personnel management experience.
- SHRM or PHR.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize, develop, evaluate, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, and personnel policies and procedures of Valley Senior Living.
- Responsible for hiring, orientating, and evaluating Human Resources and Payroll personnel.
- Review and evaluate employee compensation and benefits and make recommendations to the CEO.
- Ensure that Valley Senior Living is in compliance with current federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Coordinate new employee general orientation, annual education for all staff, and leadership training for supervisory staff.
- Develop, implement, and lead recruitment and retention efforts within the organization.
- Serve as liaison with outside entities such as EEOC, 401K and flex spending audits, and Workforce Safety and Insurance.
- Maintain open communication with the CEO and make verbal/written recommendations, as necessary.
- Coordinate and arrange special functions that involve all employees.
- Promote loyalty, teamwork, and a positive atmosphere for all employees.
- Serve on committees or task forces, as requested or directed.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures or as directed.
- Comply with established universal precaution procedures and safety regulations; report all incidents/accidents and hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer