Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
Volunteer & Event Coordinator
- Full Time day position (8:00am-4:30pm)
- 40 hours/week
- Monday- Friday
- Starting wage is between $18.19 and $22.39
The Volunteer and Events Coordinator is an integrated member of the Valley Senior Living Foundation development team with the objective to support its mission by coordinating “friendraising” and annual fundraising events. The Volunteer and Events Coordinator is to maintain an effective corporate volunteer program which includes recruitment, building awareness, retention, recognition, communications and records, and to provide support to the Director of Development and Director of Marketing which includes management of donor records, building relationships, communications and events. This position will provide additional services, programs and events that enhance the quality of life for the residents of Valley Senior Living.
As a valued care partner, the Volunteer and Events Coordinator is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for applicants or incumbents.
· High school graduate or GED.
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, donor and volunteer software.
· Experience in organizing volunteers and donor relations or twelve (12) months of relevant experience or equivalent work/volunteer experience.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Interact with residents, families, staff, board members, volunteers, donors, and prospects.
· Develop and maintain recruitment, orientation, retention and recognition plan for individual and group volunteers.
· Collaborate with Life Enrichment and Recreation Directors to develop and maintain a comprehensive list of involvement opportunities throughout the organization.
· Supervise and discipline volunteers who report directly to the Foundation.
· Act as liaison between volunteers and the organization, records volunteer hours and assists with conflict resolution.
· Assist in the development and coordination of the Foundation’s annual event calendar with the Director of Development and Director of Marketing.
· Manage operational detail for in-person and virtual special events, including securing sponsorships to enhance event success. Current events include: Golf Classic, Giving Hearts Day, Around Our Table, Music Therapy, Oktoberfest and the Tree of Life banquets.
· Assist with and coordinate design of printed marketing materials, online platforms and other medias for the Foundation and volunteers.
· Develop and maintain records relating to donor and volunteer information. Maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent information.
· Evaluate volunteer programs effectiveness and special event success.
· Establish a volunteer recognition program and assist with donor recognition efforts.
· Comply with established standard precautions and isolation procedures, follows established safety regulations and reports all incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain effective networking skills among residents, families and staff.
· Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
· Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
· Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
Contact Karli @ 701-787-7829
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Karli at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer