Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- Full time positions available
- Starting wage is between $29.32 and $34.62
- Weekend and night differentials given
- Excellent Benefits!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Science Nursing degree.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years experience in geriatric nursing.
- Current RN license or temporary permit for practice in the state of North Dakota.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all Department/Personnel policies and procedures.
- Report changes in the resident’s condition to physician, Care Coordinator, and families on a timely basis.
- Document condition changes to resident’s medical record and communicate changes to next shift.
- Document accurately and concisely on admissions, transfers, deaths, and discharges. Fulfill requirements for documentation according to policy and as resident condition dictates.
- Collaborate effectively with all other disciplines in meeting needs of the resident.
- Direct the ongoing care of the resident on a daily basis during the assigned shift.
- Supervise and/or delegate appropriately to LPNs, CMAs, CNAs, and Health Unit Coordinators.
- Implement recommendations and draw conclusions upon assessment of the resident (e.g., lung sounds, bowel sounds, vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, etc.)
- Physically and mentally respond to emergency situations; able to initiate CPR.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed and assess the effectiveness of these.
- Identify and report unacceptable work or personnel behavior and administer corrective discipline as indicated with collaboration of ADON.
- Effectively handle and report emergencies, accidents, incidents, and complaints.
- Accurately receive, interpret and transcribe physician orders.
- Complete employee appraisals and audits as assigned.
- Remain up-to-date on safety procedures, including fire and disaster; choking; incident reports; use of side rails/ restraints, body mechanics, gait belts; etc.
- Able to work without posing a direct threat to self or others.
- Stands and walks for extended periods of time.
- Works to fill open nursing positions due to a staff call in to assure adequate staffing when the scheduling coordinator is unavailable.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer