- Full Time
- Starting wage between $20.51 and $24.40
- Occasional weekends
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave, Health, Vision & Dental and 401K!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overall organization of the administrative duties related to the employees at Valley Senior Living on 42nd. Typical duties include: Providing customer service to employees regarding daily events, completing all paperwork on every employee from the time they are hired to when they are no longer an employee of Valley Senior Living, and making sure everything is completed and submitted to both supervisors and employees in a timely manner.
As a valued care partner, the Human Resources Generalist is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for applicants or incumbents.
· High school graduate or GED.
· Associate degree in Human Resources or a related field and six (6) months to one (1) year of Human Resources experience and/or training; OR
· Equivalent combination of education and experience in a Human Resources position.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
· Screen applications: Review for proper completion, check SSNs and names, complete reference checks, and run criminal background checks.
· Coordinate personnel and employee medical files and payroll changes from hire through termination and then as long as required by law.
· Maintain knowledge of all benefits offered to Valley Senior Living employees.
· Monitor and maintain accurate logs (e.g., mantoux, flu shots, evaluations, new employee checklists, and terminations).
· Provide customer service and respond accurately and effectively to employee questions.
· Coordinate drug screens.
· Maintain current knowledge of regulations and laws pertaining to Human Resources.
· Maintain all licenses and certifications as required by law to ensure they are current.
· Coordinate Staff Council committee and functions for Valley Senior Living on 42nd.
· Be a Certified Eden Associate and train employees as needed.
· Maintain filing for personnel and medical files.
· Coordinate and present at General Orientation (part of a rotation).
· Coordinate all personnel advertising for the organization.
· Effectively promote Valley Senior Living at a variety of recruitment functions such as job fairs, university career days and community events. Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, search firms, and advertising entities.
· Coordinate Employee of the Month activities for Woodside Village and Wheatland Terrace.
· Enter Workforce Safety & Insurance reports.
· Respond to employment verifications of current Valley Senior Living on 42nd employees.
· Coordinate Valley Senior Living on 42nd employee leaves of absences (including FMLA).
· Publish monthly newsletter.
· Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
· Assist with completion of forms and reports that are not essential.
· Perform other related duties as assigned and participate/assist with projects as requested.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain good communications with residents, staff, and visitors.
· Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
· Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
· Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
· Communicate professionally using English verbal, written, and listening skills.
· Adjust to changing conditions and job duties.
· Tolerate interruptions and possible aggressive behavior from residents in a professional manner.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer