Location: Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 8:00am-4:30pm (Monday- Friday)
- 40 hours/week
The Executive Assistant performs secretarial duties, recordkeeping, administrative detail, and follow-up functions to assist in meeting the administrative need of the corporation in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations as directed by administration, to assure that a successful, viable, administrative program is maintained at all times. Delegated administrative authority includes the responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out assigned duties.
As a valued care partner, the Executive Assistant is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for applicants or incumbents.
· High school graduate or GED.
· Minimum two (2) years as an administrative professional.
· Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher).
· Receive on-the-job training, as well as participate in ongoing education pertinent to the position.
· Attend Annual Corporate Education (ACE) meetings.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures
· Arrange for meetings and maintain general schedule for the supervisor, as directed.
· Serve as secretary to various committees or as directed and compose and distribute minutes.
· Type documents, reports, and letters with speed and accuracy.
· Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures or as directed.
· Communicate with and support residents, families, and visitors and recognize, respond and/or report emergency situations immediately.
· Comply with established universal precaution procedures, safety regulations and report all incident/accidents and hazardous conditions or equipment.
· Create, maintain, and organize agreements, contracts, reports, policies, and procedures.
· Greet and assist visitors/residents and report difficult or conflicting interactive situations to appropriate supervisor.
· Hire, train, schedule, and supervise reception employees.
· Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
· Order, maintain, and inventory office supplies.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
· Develop, encourage, and maintain good communications with residents, staff, and visitors.
· Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
· Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
· Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
· Communicate professionally using English verbal, written, and listening skills.
· Adjust to changing conditions and job duties.
· Tolerate interruptions and possible aggressive behavior from residents in a professional manner.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer