Location: Valley on Columbia
- Full time position available
- Monday- Friday (8:00am-4:30pm)
- Starting wage is between $26.48 and $31.56
- Excellent Benefits such as Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave Health and Dental Insurance & 401K!
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the Social Work profession.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in long term care or with the geriatric population.
- Experience as a manger/director of Social Services in long-term care.
- Membership in Long Term Care Social Workers of North Dakota.
- Maintain current (or be in process of securing a current) Social Work license in the state of North Dakota.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the resolution of complaints and concerns made by residents, families, employees, visitors, agencies, etc. Report to Facility Administrator as needed.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Social Services programs of Valley Senior Living according to policy and procedure.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, other departments with in the facility and corporation, as well as outside community health, welfare and social agencies to assure that Social Service programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Develop, administer, revise, and coordinate departmental policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the President/CEO.
- Develop the department budget.
- Serve on various committees of the organization as required by current regulations and as may be appointed by the facility administrator or President/CEO.
- Provide supervision and direction for Social Services department employees.
- Disseminate rules, regulations, policies, and current articles to Social Services department employees.
- Supervise social work field placement students.
- Develop and maintain data Resident Rights training to staff.
- Direct implementation of Resident Rights training to specific groups, including staff.
- Observe and promote Resident’s Rights compliance and policies at all times.
- Direct or participate in in-service education and attend all in-service sessions relating to Social Services.
- Develop and maintain protocol for the prohibition of resident abuse, neglect, and exploitation policy of the facility
- Organize and participate in the resolution of resident lost or damaged items.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by the facility administrator.
- Assist with all admissions, transfers, room changes and discharges in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of state/federal regulations regarding Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review.
- Through assessment and care planning process, identify and seek ways to support residents’ individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
- Assist residents and/or their families through their adjustment process including providing or arranging provision of needed counseling services.
- Coordinate and/or refer to family and community resources as needed to promote resolution of resident financial concerns and to promote emotional security of residents.
- Explain and complete the resident admission contract and related information with new residents and/or their families/legal representative.
- Explain the Resident Rights booklet with residents and/or resident representatives.
- Assist in resolving grievances, complaints, or concerns from residents, families, visitors and employees.
- Build relationships between residents and staff, referring conflicts and difficult interactions to appropriate supervisor and assist in resolving the problem.
- Act as a liaison with social, health, and community agencies.
- Coordinate discharge planning for residents by making referrals for applicable services or products.
- Refer residents to social, health and community agencies as needed and ensure documentation in the resident’s record concerning the results of such referrals.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary resident care conferences.
- Document the social, emotional, behavioral, or spiritual status of residents as needed.
- Complete the assigned Social Service portion of the MDS according to facility policy and state/federal regulation.
- Develop the Social Service component of the comprehensive plan of care for each resident.
- Complete resident discharge plans in accordance with facility discharge policy and document accordingly.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with established state/federal regulation.
- Attend and participate in Social Service department meetings and inservices, on the job training programs and other programs, workshops or inservices as offered.
- Participate in facility committees as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in Resident Council meetings as requested by that resident group.
- Work closely with members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Know and understand the products and services offered by Valley Senior Living and have full understanding of the Grand Forks market area.
- Keep abreast of current Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing nursing facilities, basic care facilities and assisted living services.
- Follow established corporate compliance policies and procedures and report concerns to supervisor.
- Follow established HIPAA policies and procedures and report concerns to the facility Privacy Officer.
- Comply with established standard precautions and isolation procedures.
- Observe corporate safety policies and procedures and report all incidents, accidents, near misses, and hazardous conditions or equipment to supervisor.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulate
- Ability to coordinate and participate in family and resident activities designed to promote social interaction, and intellectual stimulation.
- Assist with General Orientation instruction.
- Assist with completion of forms and reports that are not considered essential functions.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as requested.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer