Location: Valley Senior Living on 42nd
- Flex Time position available
- No evenings or weekeneds
- Commission based
- Excellent Benefits!
The primary purpose of this job as a Master Cosmetologist is to be directly responsible for the entire coordination and running of the beauty salon and while performing day-to-day hair salon services for the residents of Valley Senior Living.
As a valued care partner, the Master Cosmetologist is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualification standards for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for all people applying for or holding this position.
- Current Master Cosmetologist license from the state of North Dakota.
- Attend General Orientation.
- Receive on-the-job training, as well as participate in ongoing education pertinent to the position.
- Attend Annual Corporate Education (ACE) meetings.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to style hair by shampooing, drying, cutting, shaping, combing, permanent waving, coloring, conditioning and other services as required to meet client needs.
- Ability to suggest hairstyles to meet client’s individual needs and wants based on current styles and trends.
- Ability to give hair and scalp treatments as prescribed.
- Ability to use sanitary measures to assure a safe environment.
- Ability to complete and maintain client permanent and hair coloring records.
- Ability to manage routine haircuts according to company policy.
- Ability to maintain daily records of services performed on individuals, which shall be used by business office to bill tenants and residents.
- Ability to operate the facility telephone and paging systems.
- Ability to keep the work area in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Ability to prudently purchase and stock supplies.
- Ability to maintain equipment in good working order and to evaluate any future equipment needs.
- Possess a good eye for proportion and symmetry.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
- Ability to transport residents to and from the beauty salon.
- Ability to pick up supplies if necessary.
- Ability to take photos of residents when needed.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square) – 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor) -3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Karli at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer