Valley Senior Living Flex Chaplain
- Flex time position available
- Hours vary
- Occasional holidays and weekends
- Excellent Benefits!
The Chaplain works with administration, recreation, nursing, and social services staff in providing spiritual care for residents of Valley Senior Living. This position requires the ability to work independently and a willingness to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
As a valued care partner, the Chaplain is committed to supporting the mission, vision, and values of Valley Senior Living and will honor the importance of person-centered care.
Qualifications for employment at Valley Senior Living have been evaluated using job performance standards that are consistent with equal employment opportunity for all people applying for or holding this position.
- Baccalaureate degree, Master’s degree in Divinity or equivalent degree incorporating theological education
- Current ecclesiastical endorsement from the appropriate denominational group
- Prior work experience as a chaplain in a long term care setting
- Satisfactory completion of four (4) units of ACPE-accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Board Certification by a National Certifying Agency.
- Attend General Orientation and Eden training.
- Receive on-the-job training, as well as participate in ongoing education pertinent to the position.
- Attend Annual Corporate Education (ACE) meetings.
The essential functions of the job are based on the duties the person who holds the position will be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Understand and adhere to Valley Senior Living’s Corporate Compliance Standards, Code of Conduct, and all company policies and procedures.
- Function as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Perform spiritual assessments and coordinate a spiritual plan of care for residents of Valley Senior Living and assuring documentation that complies with state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for providing spiritual and emotional support to residents, families, and staff.
- Provide bereavement support to residents, families, and staff.
- Plan and conduct appropriate worship services and other spiritual activities.
- Participate in a call rotation to ensure coverage for emergencies outside regularly scheduled hours.
- Coordinate and facilitate the recruiting and training of volunteers for the Chaplaincy Department of Valley Senior Living.
- Support philanthropic efforts to support the chaplaincy program through committee involvement, participation in special events, etc.
- Foster relationships between Valley Senior Living and area pastors and churches.
- Responsible for the budget of (income and expenses) for the Valley Senior Living Chaplaincy Department.
- Coordinate the QAPI activities of the Chaplaincy department.
- Knowledge of Valley Senior Living safety, fire and disaster plans.
- Promote teamwork with the Valley Senior Living’ management teams and staff and be a positive example to others.
- Observe infection control procedures related to the chaplaincy program.
- Follow Resident’s Right policies at all times.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Assume accountability for data contained in the employees’ handbook, and update Chaplaincy policies and procedures.
- Report to supervisor all complaints and concerns made by residents, families, visiting individuals, agencies, etc.
- Follow established safety precautions. Report all incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor.
- Comply with established standard precautions and isolation procedures.
- Understand the “Right to Know” regulation.
- Perform non-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following skills are needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy of records, conditions, and information relating to residents, staff, and facility.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, interest, and optimism in the needs of residents, families, visitors and co‑workers along with loyalty to Valley Senior Living.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain good communications with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Communicate a sense of caring, concern, empathy, and dignity for residents and staff.
- Recognize and respond to safety needs of the residents and staff.
- Effectively manage time and perform the essential functions of the job.
- Communicate professionally using English verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Adjust to changing conditions and job duties.
- Tolerate interruptions and possible aggressive behavior from residents in a professional manner.
- Valley Senior Living on Columbia
- 2900 14th Ave S.
- Valley Senior Living on 42nd (Woodside Village, Wheatland Terrace, Town Square)
- 4000 24th Ave S
- Valley Senior Living on Cherry (Tufte Manor)
- 3300 Cherry Street
If you have any questions, please contact Kaley at 701.787.7829.
Valley Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer